In these conditions Brookwood Events Ltd, trading as Southern Furniture Hire, their sub-Contractors and Agents, are referred to as “The Company”.
- CONDITIONS. The Company will submit a written quotation which the Hirer shall accept in writing; the absence of such written quotation or acceptance however shall not invalidate the contract, and all work quoted for and undertaken by, or goods hired from, the Company shall be subject to these terms and conditions and the Hirer by, authorising or allowing work to proceed, or goods to be delivered, is deemed to have confirmed the contract and to have accepted these terms and conditions.
- PERIOD OF HIRE. The period of hire is understood to mean a period of which the equipment is required to be ready for use.
- SITE. The hire charges are based on the assumption that the venue has easy access for motor transport, Special rates may be payable for the hire of equipment on sites not conforming to the above requirements, or for delivery of goods other than on ground floor level. The hirer shall provide the contractor with a full delivery address, and any other detailed instructions as may be necessary to ensure the equipment is delivered to the point of use. In the absence of such detailed instruction the contractor, having delivered the equipment where he thinks fit, shall be deemed to have completed the contract.
- HIRE CHARGES. The Company reserves the right to vary the quoted hire charges in the event of any increase taking place before, or during, the period of hire in the cost of labour, equipment or transport.
- PAYMENT. All Hire charges are strictly Nett Cash on or before delivery date, unless otherwise agreed at the time a contract is made. The Company reserves the right to charge a deposit to cover part or the whole of the value of the property and equipment hired. No receipt will be recognised unless on the Company’s official form.
- LOSS OR DAMAGE. The Hirer will be responsible and will indemnify the Company against any loss or damage whatsoever the cause.
- LIABILITY TO THIRD PARTIES. The company will not be responsible for and the Hirer will indemnify the Company against all claims for injury to persons or loss of, or damage to, property, howsoever caused unless it be provided that such injury or damage be caused by faulty materials or workmanship or negligence on the part of the Company.
- ERECTION AND DISMANTLING. The Company normally provides labour for delivery and collection and the cost thereof is included in the hire charges. Only in exceptional circumstances and by special arrangement will the Company set-up, install and arrange furniture and associated equipment ready for use.
- ATTENDANCE. The hire charges do not include attendance by the Company’s men except during the actual process of delivery and collection.
- FORCE MAJEURE. While every effort will be made by the Company to carry out any order accepted, the full performance of it is subject to variation or cancellation by the Company consequent upon act of God, war, strikes, riots, lock-outs or other labour disturbances, fire, flood, restrictions on the use of transport, fuel or power, requisitioning, shortage of material or transport or labour or any other cause beyond the control of the Company. In the event of frustration of the contract due to any of the above causes the contract shall be deemed to be complete and on the Company giving notice to that effect the Hirer shall be liable to indemnify the Company and pay them a sum equivalent to the aggregate of the costs incurred by the Company in labour and materials sub-contracts and incidentals up to the date of the notice, plus 10%.
- MODIFICATION OF CONTRACT. No verbal representations or arrangements are recognised by the Company and these terms and conditions shall only be modified by a supplementary written contract.
- CANCELLATION OR PREMATURE TERMINATION OF CONTRACT. If the hirer decides to cancel the booking within 4 weeks of the hire date the hirer will be liable for the full amount of the hire charge. If the hirer cancels before 4 weeks of the hire date then the deposit charge will be forfeited. In exceptional circumstances this amount may be varied at the Company’s discretion.
Unit 4 15 Black Moor Road Ebblake Industrial Estate Verwood Dorset BH31 6AX
t: 01202 509609 e: firstname.lastname@example.org w: www.southernfurniturehire.co.uk
Southern Furniture Hire is a trading name of Brookwood Events Ltd. Registered address: 31 The Avenue Andover Hants SP10 3EP
Registered in England and Wales as a Limited Company 08311676 VAT No. 152563614